9 Feb The Eden Mill Brewery and Distillery, St Andrews, Scotland
St Andrews as a holiday destination is great twelve months per year, although due to weather reasons options are
more restricted in the winter months. So we’re pleased to bring you here a guide to the Eden Mill Brewery and Distillery, which is ideal as an all-year round local visitor attraction.
The Eden Mill provides a classic opportunity to visit a brewery and distillery in one visit. A range of beers and spirits (gin and whisky) are made onsite.
Eden Mill Brewery and Distillery Address Details
Eden Mill, Main Street, Guardbridge, St Andrews KY16 0UU, U.K.
Website Address: http://edenmill.com/
Eden Mill is open every day except for 25th/26th December and 1st/2nd January.
Tours at Eden Mill
There are two tours available at Eden Mill. These are both one hour in duration:
• The Brewery tour costs £7.50 per person (£5 for students/concessions) – The beer tour starts off with a beer and then there is discussion about the history of the brewery, a discussion of brewing techniques and the special ingredients used. A full tour of the brewery follows including viewing the bottling and packaging areas. The tour finishes with a beer tasting session! The brewery tour operates 7 days a week and has 4 time slots per day – 11am, 1pm, 3pm and 5pm
• The Gin experience tour costs £10 per person (£7.50 for students/concessions) – The tour starts with a gin and tonic and then the history of the site is discussed. Distilling techniques used are explained as well as the local source of ingredients. A tour of the distillery follows providing full access and a behind the scenes view. To conclude the tour there is a gin tasting session! The gin experience tour operates 7 days a week and has 4 time slots per day – midday, 2pm and 4pm
What’s in the Shop?
The Eden Mill shop is full of a range of products. As an example items include:
o In cans – Bunker Brew Double IPA and Shipwreck IPA
o Bottles – Golf Pale Ale, St Andrews Blonde, Seggie Porter, Shipwreck IPA, The 19th Brew and The Clock
o Gift Box – A range of beers in £10 and £20 sizes
o The 12 gins of Eden – all of the gins distilled onsite in one gift set
o Gin gift pack –
o Individual gins – There are 12 in total including Golf gin, Hop gin, Love gin, Oak gin and Sea Buckthorn gin
o Islay, 10 years single malt scotch whisky
o Speyside, 15 years single malt scotch whisky
• Gift packs – A range of gift packs which vary according to the time of year
• Tour vouchers – Vouchers can be purchased for the beer tour and gin tour
• Merchandise – A range of merchandise is available for sale including clothing and drinking glasses
• All products can also be bought online at the official website – http://edenmill.com/
#1 Rated Thing to Do in St Andrews on TripAdvisor
Backing our view that Eden Mill is a great place to visit is the fact that the venue is ranked as #1 “thing to do” out of 42 listed on TripAdvisor for the St Andrews area.
This is a high accolade indeed considering the strength of other activities in the St Andrews area (e.g. the Swilcan Bridge, St Andrews Cathedral, West Sands, the Golf courses and much more!.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this guide. A trip to Eden Mill is ideal to fill a few hours at relatively low cost, without having to travel too far and also makes for some great gifts to take home for yourself and for the family.
When visiting don’t forget to book your stay at the Number 12 B&B St Andrews!
Image Credits: Eden Mill and Nigel Teece